Thursday, August 10, 2017

#TheReadingQuest TBR

The Reading Quest is a new reading challenge that is hosted by Aentee of Read at Midnight.  I'm not very good at doing reading challenges, so I generally ignore them, but since this one runs for a few weeks I figured I would try it! Also, as I started reading about this, I discovered that this is a challenge that is organized based on video game quests!

As a big gamer, and person that loves a good RPG this challenge spoke to me on so many levels. It was so made for me, so I decided it's time to join! Aentee put a crazy amount of work into this challenge and it looks like a lot of fun. It's looks like there will be a lot of other bloggers involved in this. So definitely check out the sign-up post. Also, big props to CW of Read, Think, Ponder for the AMAZING artwork for this challenge.

So what does this reading challenge actually entail, let's take a look at the amazing Quest Board!!


DON'T FREAK OUT!! There is no way I am doing this entire board! The point of this reading quest is to pick a character class and to do their path (purple squares) maybe try some side quest (blue squares) and then you can try your hand at a second character. 


For me, I am doing The Mage Path. I tend to play as a mage in all my video game playing, so it only feels natural for me to do so for this challenge. Plus all the options for the mage seems to make sense based on what I want to read next. I might not even complete my character, but I think it will be fun to try. I was hoping to use this as a way to finally finish Voyager, but since none of these books can be half-read books I'll have to finish that later.

THE MAGE MAIN PATH:


THE FIRST BOOK OF A SERIES


A BOOK SET IN A DIFFERENT WORLD


A BOOK BASED ON MYTHOLOGY



A BOOK THAT CONTAINS MAGIC



A BOOK WITH A ONE WORD TITLE


For now I want to focus on the main quest line before I make a decision about doing any of the side quests. Let's face it, trying to read just these five books will be a struggle for me! I'm excited for this challenge, I can't wait to see what everyone else will be doing. 

Happy Reads Everyone!
Follow