Friday, August 4, 2017

The New Princess Book Tag

Thank you Darque Dreamer for tagging me in The New Princess Book Tag! I love me some tags, even if they take me forever to complete! Go check out her blog and give her some love!

THE RULES:
  • Mention where you saw the tag/thank whoever tagged you!
  • Tag Zuky’s and Mandy’s posts (the awesome creators of the tag) so they can check out the wonderful Princess fun throughout the blog world (Mandy @ Book Princess Reviews & Zuky @ Book Bum)
  • Play a game of tag at the end!

SNOW WHITE
This book (like the movie) started it all
Favorite Debut Book from an Author

This one took me a bit to figure out, because I just couldn't think of a debut, since I tend not to read too many, at least lately. I think I'm going to go with Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda By Becky Albertalli.

CINDERELLA
A Diamond In The Rough
Just Like Cinderella, You Either Didn’t Expect Much Out of This Character in the Beginning But They Turned Out to Be a Total Gem

I'm not really a fan of Cinderella so....Maybe Isla from Isla and the Happily Ever After. I didn't really like her at first, and she did some really dumb things, but in the end I liked her and where her story went. 

AURORA
Sleeping Beauty
A Book That Makes You Sleepy, or Just Could Not Hold Your Attention
 

I think Bradley Cooper's character in Silver Linings Playbook described my feelings about A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway pretty well. OMG SO BORRINNGGG!! And the ending sucked!


ARIEL
Under the Sea
A Book With a Water/ Ocean Setting

I had to resist not using a book about mermaids for this one, but I'm going with Maureen Johnson's Girl at Sea.  I don't think I ever actually rated this book (pre-goodreads and my blog) but it's got everything I wanted. Romance and a treasure hunt!


BELLE
Beauty and the Books
Name A Book With The Best Bookworm/ Booklover

Okay, this one is easy. HERMIONE GRANGER from The Harry Potter series. NO, not because Emma Watson plays both characters. Hermione was such a book worm, her and Belle would have been pals. Honestly, if Hermione was the girl who lived, she would have solved everything in 2 books. Harry was useless without her. USELESS!


JASMINE
The Thief and the Princess
Name A Book With An Unlikely Love Story (Either in Terms of Romance, or a Book You Didn’t Expect To Love So Much)

I think I'm going to go with Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers. It was slow to start, but I loved the romance in this one a lot! 


POCAHONTAS
The Real Life Princess
Name A Book That is Based On a Real Life Person You Want to Read or Have Read
I'm going to cheat a little on this one, and just pick a memoir I really love. I don't read a lot of books that are based off of real life people. I'm currently reading Yes Please by Amy Poehler. I love the audiobook version, she definitely made it really fun!

MULAN

The Princess That Saved Her Country
Name the Fiercest Heroine You Know
Oooh...I have to say Sybella from Dark Triumph. She is an unlikeable character, but man I really liked her. She did her job, and she did it well. A lot of people didn't seem to like her in the second book, but I think it gave me more clarity on why she was the way she was. 

TIANA
The Princess With the Coolest and Most Diverse Crew
Name A Diverse Book, Whether it is a Diverse Set of Characters (Like Tiana’s Group of Naveen, Louis, Ray, and More)or Just Diverse In General

Probably any of the Heroes of Olympus books by Rick Riordan. He does such a good job of writing books with diverse casts of characters, which I really appreciate. I like that he really wants kids to be able to see themselves in the books they read. 


RAPUNZEL 
Let Your Longggggg Hair Down
Name the Longest Book You Have Ever Read

According to GoodReads the longest book I've ever read is A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin! It's 1177 pages long! To be honest, it was probably 300 pages too long. 


MERIDA
I Determine My Own Fate
A Book Where There is No Love Story/ Interest or Isn’t Needed

City of Stairs by Robert Jackson Bennett. I was just waiting for him to have Shara and Sigurd get together, and I was so happy that they could just be companions! Men and woman working along side each other and never having a romantic relationship is so refreshing.


Elsa & Anna
Frozen Hearts
A Book in a Winter/ Cold Setting

Easy! The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye. It's set in imperial Russia and there are even a couple of scenes that take place in Siberia!

MOANA
How Far I’ll Go
A Character That Goes On a Journey

Percy Jackson from The Lightning Thief By Rick Riordan. It is quite literally a quest story, and so is the rest of that series. Which I love!

TAGGED:Destiny @ Howling Libraries

Feel free to do this even if you aren't tagged, and if you are tagged, don't feel pressured! This is for fun!
Happy Reads Everyone!
Follow