Monday, August 7, 2017

Deanna Listens: 88 Cups of Tea


Deanna Listens is a monthly feature on the first Monday of every month I created to showcase some of my favorite podcasts. This month I am talking about 88 Cups of Tea!



How I found this delightful podcast was such a happy accident. I follow a lot of YA authors on social media and Beth Revis happened to put up on her instagram that she was going to be interviewed on this podcast called 88 Cups of Tea. So I thought, "Oh, I should check that out" because I love podcasts and finding book related podcasts for this feature is something I'm always looking for. BUT then I saw that my favorite author Meg Cabot was also on this podcast, so I HAD to listen to that first. Then I went down the rabbit hole that is the podcast and binged a ton of episodes.

In the podcast host Yin Chang interviews different people in the writing business, whether that be authors, screenwriters, literary agents, etc. She asks really engaging questions about the writing process and craft, and I find this podcast to be pretty insightful. Yin is also such a delightful positive energy to the show that her excitement shows through the entire time. She is a joy to listen to, and her excitement to interview her guests makes me excited to listen to her do it.

If you are a fan of YA fiction, you will definitely find Yin talking to one of your favorite authors. I haven't really experienced author interviews too much, so I think this is a really refreshing take on a bookish podcast. There are so many great episodes, but I just want to feature a few of my favorites so far:

-Meg Cabot
-Jerry Spinelli
-Beth Revis
-Irena Brignull

I highly recommend this podcast if you are a reader and are interested in how writers come to their stories, or if you are an aspiring writer and want more insight. Yin makes this podcast fun with her positive energy and I think you'll learn a lot.

Got a great podcast you love? Give me a recommendation in the comments. No serious, please help, I'm running out of podcasts to listen to!

Happy Reads Everyone!
Follow