- READ MORE! This is my number one resolution and challenge to myself to keep on reading. I always see bloggers saying, "Oh I only read 100 books this year." and I think to myself, "WHAT? I've only read 60!" So I would like to be able to consume more books next year.
- Finish that series. I'm really good at starting series, and then forgetting about them and never finishing. I want to be able to keep track of my series better.
- Stop Buying Books. I mean not completely but I need to read the books on my shelf first. Also I'm 24 and still live at home so I really need to go to the library move and save up my money.
- Network with other Bloggers. It wasn't until I started doing TTT that I actually saw a comment on my blog. I really enjoyed doing Sci-Fi November, and I would really like to network with other bloggers better.
- Write more discussions. I tend to mostly write reviews or do lists, but I would like to explore different topics on this blog. I might have a couple Outlander discussions in the mix soon.
- WORK ON YOUR DAMN BOOK! I'm in the middle of revising a novel I've been working on but I've been avoiding it lately. Not that Artemis (my protagonist) hasn't been talking to me, but because she's being too whiny and I don't know what to do with her right now. For her story everything can't go back to normal right away, so I think I'm struggling with how to write her story without her conflict being completed resolved.
- Go to the library More. Okay this is pretty much what I said for No. 3. I think I need to utilize my library card more. I mean I donate to them every month so I should use it!
- Stop Suffering Through Crappy Books. I have been getting better at this after suffering through a few YA series that everyone else seems to love. Since then I've decided that if I read the first book in a series and I don't like it I'm not reading the rest. I also need to be better at giving up on standalones. The only ones I'm making an exception for are the books I receive for review.
- Stop worrying about who reads your blog! I think sometimes I get caught up in how popular my blog may or may not be, and I need to remember that I started this for fun. For me!
- More Giveaways. I'm holding my first giveaway for Fantasy December, but it hasn't had too much interest. I would like to do a few more in the future, but I'm not sure what books to give away. My blog turns a year old in May so I think I'm going to try to do some US only & Internationally Only giveaways via The Book Depository, but I'm not sure what to giveaway. Suggestions are highly welcomed.
What resolutions/goals are you making this year?
Happy Reads Everyone!