This time for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I was nominated by Er from Literary Tea with ER. So thank you so much for thinking of me. I am constantly amazed that people actually like my dumb little blog!
So what is this award all about?
I feel like everyone is so obsessed about getting ARCs! I don't really care that much about them. I actually would prefer to have egalleys because hardbacks copies just waste space on my shelves (especially if I don't like the book) because you are not supposed to sell them and I don't know what to do with them then. Also, selling arcs! I know this is not a lot of bloggers doing this, and it's people taking advantage of the system, but it effects all us bloggers and it just really sucks. Don't sell ARC, it tells you not to right on the cover!
Describe your reading nook.
What reading nook? I have a small apartment, so it's basically my couch or my bed.
Have you ever given a really bad rating to a book? How did you feel about it?
Yeah I have. I don't feel bad about it, because I am usually pretty diplomatic about it and I say what didn't work for me, and what type of reader I think it COULD work for. I recently gave a two star rating, and it was because the book was basically about incense and it made me sick to my stomach. Other people seemed to really love that book though, so it didn't make me feel bad.
How do you juggle your responsibilities and commitments with blogging and reading?
hahaha, I don't!!
Would you rather party or read?
Which fictional character would you marry?
Hmm...this is actually a hard one for me to answer, does Luke Skywalker count?
What are the qualities that make a book stand-out?
Awesome world building, and three dimensional characters.
What would be the one question you would ask your favourite author? Name the author.
How do you write so many books?? Meg Cabot.
Suggest a book for your father.
My dad doesn't really read, so maybe the Robert Galbraith series.
Which character do you identify with the most?
Probably Lou from Jojo Moyes' Me Before You series. Mostly because in the first book she does not know what she is doing with her life. It was finally a character my own age, that felt the same way I did about the world.
Give two pieces of advice to your future blogging self.
Stop freaking out about not posting so much & stop requesting so many books!
Cora @ Tea Party Princess
Lara @ Words with Lara
Angelina & Brianna @ Fables Library
Paige @ Books and Belle
Stephanie @ Beauty and the Bookish Blog
Danielle @ The Introverted Booknerd
Swetlana @ The Caffeinated Bookworm
Maggie @ Macarons & Paperbacks
Lisa @ Remarkably Lisa
Tay & Missy @ Frayed Books
Holly @ The Fox's Hideaway
Totally understand if you just don't feel like actually answering these questions, or if you have already been nominated for this particular award. Just want to highlight all you blogs that I love!
- What book would you suggest to a stranger?
- You have shopping spree at your favorite book store, what do you buy?
- Why is your favorite author, your favorite? Feel free to name the author.
- What is one thing you would change about the blogging community?
- What is the thing you love the most about the blogging community?
- Why did you decide to start a book blog?
- What is the first book you can remember reading and loving?
- How many books are on your TBR?
- Okay, the controversial question -- dog-earing books, okay if they are your books that you bought with your own money? Or never okay?
- What are you thoughts on ebooks, audiobooks, physical books? Do you love all book mediums equally, or do you have a preference?
- What is your absolute favorite book? (It can be a series too)
Shout out to all the blogs I mentioned above, be sure to go check them out!
Happy Reads Everyone!