Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Harry Potter Spells Tag


I saw that Cass over at Words on Paper did this tag, and it looked like a lot of fun! I'm always up for things to do with Harry Potter. It also looks like this tag originated on BookTube, which is pretty interesting. I'd love to give the person who actually created this credit, so let me know if you know who it is!

EXPECTO PATRONUM
A childhood book connected to good memories


I think I have to go with The lion, the witch, and the wardrobe by C.S. Lewis (and the rest of the Chronicles of Narnia). I loved these books as a kid! I read them all in like the 5th grade. I think a lot of it might have gone over my head, so I think i might want to reread these. Maybe I'll do it on audio.

EXPELLIARMUS
A book that took you by surprise


This was one of my first forays in the weird mind that is Chuck Palahniuk. This book was written weird and out of order, and there is a huge twist in it that I DID NOT see coming. Definitely a surprising, but weird AF book. 
PRIOR INCANTO
The last book you read


As of this writing of this post, I just finished Blood of Elves by Andrzej Sapkowski. I love the games that were made based off of this series, so I have made love for this series.

ALOHAMORE
A book that introduced you to a genre you had not considered before


I hadn't really read any steampunk before I read Scott Westerfeld's Leviathan series. I highly recommend it. However, I just haven't read another steampunk novel that I've actually liked. I tried Leigh Statham's novels, but I just really could not get into them since I didn't care for the main character. I would love any suggestions!

RIDDIKULUS
A funny book you've read


I don't usually seek out funny books specifically, but I did find Meg Cabot's The Boy Next Door to be really fun. I thought the friendship between the main character and her best friend was so funny!

SONORUS
A book you think everyone should know about


Don't let the cover fool you, this is a really cool book about stranded beauty queens figuring out how to survive. The author narrated the audiobooks, and I really enjoyed it.

OBLIVIATE
A book or spoiler you would like to forget having read


Ugh, this book made me regret reading this entire series. I haven't picked up a book by Roth since. I'm just not interested anymore. Especially after reading how problematic Carve the Mark is. No thanks!

IMPERIO
A book you had to read in school


I had to read this book in school, and the author actually came to my middle school. I got to meet her which was cool. 

CRUCIO
A book that was painful to read


I could not stand this book, at all! The topic of this novel just grossed me out so much. Ugh, did not like at all!

AVADA KEDAVRA
A book that could kill


This book is so creepy! I thought the narrator was going to reach through my phone and kill me!

ACCIO
A book you always want to have with you


Basically any Meg Cabot book. I love her books, they are so light and fun. I seriously picked up one of her adult novels when I was reading a book I hated just to give myself a break from it!

Feel free to do this tag, yourselves. I always feel awkward and annoying tagging other bloggers. Also, I'm super lazy. 


Happy Reads Everyone!
Follow