Monday, July 3, 2017

Deanna Listens: AudioShelf


Deanna Listens is a monthly feature on the first Monday of every month I created to showcase some of my favorite podcasts. This month I'm talking about a new favorite podcast-- AudioShelf!

Now, if you read some of my Audio Month posts, Audioshelf might sound familiar because I included them in a mini-post of bookish podcasts I recommend. Or if you follow me on Twitter, you might have seen me tweet back and forth with them a lot. They are super friendly and love new fans! Since I love this podcast, I wanted to give them the full Deanna Listens treatment. 

Audioshelf is a podcast by two good friends Brad & Britney. They pick a book and listen to it on audio and then they discuss it on their podcast. As a big fan of audiobooks, I love this concept, especially since a portion of their review is discussing the narrator of each book they listen to. Also, they introduced me to the concept of speeding up your audiobooks! Something, I somehow never thought to do before. It seriously helps when narrators are too breathy. 

Brad and Britney have a great rapport together, and I think they make this podcast so much fun. I also really appreciate that they really try not to give spoilers in their reviews. I was jumping around in their podcast episodes and just listened to books they reviewed that I had read because I didn't want spoilers, until I found out I didn't need to do that. I think it's great especially if you are on the fence about reading a specific book. What I find interesting is sometimes I seriously disagree with them on certain books, but I really like to hear what people have to say when they really like a book that I didn't care for. Interestingly enough I have found that in these cases I did not do the audiobook version, and it really makes me wonder how much audiobooks can change a readers perspective.

They have a lot of great episodes, but I wanted to feature just a few for any new listener interested in this podcast:


I think even if you are not a audiobook listener, that you will enjoy this podcast. If you do like to listen to audiobooks, I highly recommend this podcast to you! Seriously, go show these two some love and go listen to their podcast today!

Happy Reads Everyone!
Follow