Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Best Books of 2017

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is the best books you've read in 2017 so far. So I took that as books you actually read, and not to mean books that released in 2017. Because I'm a backlog book reader all the way! I actually don't even have ten books on my list this week, because I haven't read enough volume of books this year to pick at ten books that I love, I've got seven to show to you all!



City of Miracles By Robert Jackson Bennett

I'm going to continue talking about the Divine Cities trilogy until everyone reads it. I love this series so much, and the final book was the perfect closing of the story. I was interested in Bennett's other novels but none of them quite seem like this series so I'm unsure if I want to read anything else. If you love adult urban fantasy, I highly recommend this one.


We Have Always Lived in the Castle By Shirley Jackson

I did this one on audio, and it was so creepy! This is an older book, but I think a lot of what it has to say holds up. If you are interested in reading it, I highly suggest doing it on audio.


Remembrance By Meg Cabot

This took me so long to get to, and I don't know why! I loved this series so much, so of course I loved returning to Carmel and Suze. I loved that she was still so very much like the girl I read in high school. If you are a fan, this one does not disappoint.


Career of Evil By Robert Galbraith

I love this series, they are written so well! This one I had no idea who had done it, and that's what I love about a good mystery. I kind of wish we never knew that these were written by J.K. Rowling, but I kind of forget about that since I do the audios.


Red Rising By Pierce Brown

Okay, I haven't finished this series, but I loved the first book Red Rising. Darrow is really more adult, but I think it makes sense for the story since his culture grows up quicker and marries earlier. He had more adult experiences than his classmates. I loved that we also see him make a lot of mistakes in this novel. 


The Boy Next Door By Meg Cabot

I missed this series somehow, and reading this first book now was kind of like stepping into a time machine. I loved the experimental style of it being written entirely in emails. Also loved that it was during the time when email and the internet was still so new to everyone. 

The Scorpio Races By Maggie Stiefvater

Stiefvater can be hit or miss for me, so I did this audio for The Scorpio Races and I ended up really loving it! 

Which books are on your list this week? Were you able to get ten books on your list this week?



Happy Reads Everyone!
Follow