Thursday, June 1, 2017

Introducing Bookish Thoughts


One of the problems I have with keeping up with this blog, is that when I'm not up on my reading, I'm not writing book reviews, and therefore nothing gets posted on my blog. Which is really NOT how this whole blogging thing should work.

In an effort to be more active in this community and to interact with other book lovers, my blog can't just be book reviews. That's one of the reasons I try to participate in memes like Top Ten Tuesday, or specific book tags. It's also why I started my original feature Deanna Listens. I just feel like that is not enough to do when I'm behind on reading, so I decided to start a new feature on Deanna Reads Books that I'm just going to vaguely call "Bookish Thoughts."

So what will be considered a "Bookish Thoughts" post? Good question, because I'm not really sure yet, this is going to be an experiment. I think for the most part anytime I have something book related that I want to talk about, it's going to go under this feature. I have a couple ideas for some topics, like talking about reviewing indie author books or what I consider "real" reading. There's not going to be a real structure, like I'm not going to be posting something for this feature every third Tuesday of the month. Just whenever something comes up that I feel like I need to talk about. It's going to be a loose structure, but I just want to do something new on this blog to start different discussions. 

As always I am open to suggestions on topics to discuss in these posts. If you have a book related topic you want to know my opinion on, feel free to let me know what that is. I'm not sure how much I will be writing posts under this feature, but I am excited to try!

Happy Reads Everyone!
Follow