Friday, May 26, 2017

Why I suck at Blogging

So if you read my blog (I mean does anyone really? I don't think my Mom even reads this) then you have probably noticed that I haven't been that active. A few years ago I wrote a lot of different posts and was really active, but when I moved in with my boyfriend of 6 years I started reading less and work got a little crazy and I just didn't have the energy to write. I even kind of forgot that this month is my 3-year Blogiversary! How could I forget! But I'll be writing a different blog post on that.

So I'm not quitting blogging because I do love it, and I love the connections I have made with people, but I just haven't been able to really commit to it, and here are a few reasons why I suck at blogging right now!



The new Mass Effect game came out in March, and it basically took over my life. No seriously, I had to scan all the rocks and do all the side quests. I sunk 110 hours into this game, and just finished it recently. I loved it a lot, but it definitely took up a lot of my free time that I could have been spent reading or blogging. But as much as this took up a lot of my time, I don't think this is the real culprit of why I suck at blogging, there is another reason, and I think it's because I can't focus on a single book at a time.

Exhibit A:


I recently just finished one of the books on my "currently reading" shelf on GoodReads, but what person in their right mind is trying to read 7 books at once. WHY?? Why, Deanna, why? This is why you never blog because you can never finish a damn book! So, clearly I have a problem where I just can't get it together and I can't focus on one book!

Part of the problem is that I take out an audiobook from my library via the Overdrive app and get bored of them or just forget about them, and then I lose them. The thing I don't like about Overdrive is that if someone else has a hold on a book, you can't just renew the book like you can normally, you have to re-request it. So if there is someone behind you they get the book after your due date expires and you get put back into the hold queue. It's kind of annoying, but I've learned to live with it. Such is the case for The Rosie Project and A God In Ruins. 

So I know I have a problem with reading, but I don't really know how to fix it. Does any one else have this issue where they read too many books at once? Any suggestions on how to focus on one book at a time? 


Happy Reads Everyone!
Follow