Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Insta-Reads


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is top ten things that instantly make me want to read a book. I'm not sure if I'm actually going to get to ten, but here we go!

MEG CABOT

This is a pretty easy one, if you've been to my blog before you'll know that Meg Cabot is my favorite author. So if has her byline on it, I'm going to read it! Even if it's not the greatest. I'll admit some of her adult novels have just not been my thing, but I'll still try them out.

                                                                           
                                                                          SCI-FI

If it's science-fiction or has a spaceship on the cover, I am so ready to read it immediately.


FANTASY


Sci-fi and fantasy crossover a lot on my shelves, so I will always also read any good fantasy book that comes my way.


TIME TRAVEL

So basically this could be grouped into the sci-fi/fantasy genre, but I like to count it separately. I love a good time-travel novel. Explain the consequences of time travel in a book and I am ready to read it.


SLOW BURN ROMANCE

I hate insta-love, it's so unrealistic, but I do love a good slow burn romance. I love to see characters gradually start to be interested in each other. 


HATE-TO-LOVE

On the other hand, I also love when characters hate each other at first and then slowly start to change their mind about each other. I know it's a cliche, but I'm about it.


OWN VOICES

I like to read books with more diversity, and I am especially out to find all the own voices novels.


STAR WARS

I will pick up every new star wars novel I can get my hands on. Especially since they let Timothy Zahn write about Thrawn again, and they are hiring YA authors like Claudia Gray and Beth Revis.


YOUNG ADULT 

I think this one is pretty obvious, I do read a lot of young adult. I tend to gravitate towards those books. I feel like a half-adult sometimes and I have trouble relating to adult characters in adult novels. 

MYSTERY/THRILLER

More and more I have been getting interested in reading more adult mystery and thrillers. I just have to find all the good ones. 



What are some of the things that make you instantly read a book?

Happy Reads Everyone!
Follow