Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Hidden Gems


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is focused on underrated or hidden gem books we've read in the past year. So...I actually didn't make it to ten this week, and also some of these I might have read longer than a year ago. I wanted to keep them on this list, because I feel like I never see anyone talk about these ones.



I think I've talked about this book before on my blog, but I don't think I've really seen that many other bloggers talk about it. I loved this book, and I really only knew about it because the author came to another book event I attended.



This was one of the first books I reviewed as an ARC for Month 9 books, but I haven't heard anything about it since I reviewed it. The plot was a little predictable if you read a lot of sci-fi, but I think it's my most underrated book on this list. 



This is the sequel to the City of Stairs book, and I don't think it suffers from second book syndrome at all. It's a really good sequel that could be read on its own if you haven't read the first book. Highly recommend this one.



This book had been on my TBR list for years, but I finally read it this past year, and it was a pleasant surprise. I'm not sure I really knew what this book was about, but I thought it was a great story about loss and how we overcome it. 



I reviewed this one as an ARC last spring, and I really enjoyed it. I believe this is supposed to be a series, but I haven't seen any news about a second book. I definitely want to read that, and soon!



Okay, I know that I've talked about this book a lot, but I never heard of it before I listened to the audiobook in November. It's definitely one of my most underrated books that I read last year. It's a heavy topic and made me so angry, that I want it to make other people angry too.



I actually read this one a few years ago, but I think it's a great novel, and not a lot of people talk about it. If you are interested in a Peter Pan retelling that paints him as a villain this is definitely a novel for you!

What books on on your list this week? Did you have any trouble getting to ten books this week too?


Happy Reads Everyone!
Follow