Friday, January 6, 2017

End of The Year Survey


Where has this year gone?!? I can't believe it is 2017, and that I didn't read quite as many books as I would have liked. 😫  So here are my results for the end of the year book survey created by the lovely Jamie from The Perpetual Page Turner and here is the link back to the originally post if you are interested in doing it as well!


2016 Books Stats


Number Of Books You Read: 57
Number of Re-Reads: None
Genre You Read The Most From: Sci-Fi/Fantasy

Best in Books

1. Best Book You Read In 2016?



This was a hard one, but I think I have to say A Thousand Pieces of You. It was a book I put off for a very long time, but it really made me adore Claudia Gray's writing.

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?



Unfortunately I think that has to be the Perilous Journey of the Much-Too Spontaneous Girl. I thought it was going to be this fun steampunk novel, but I found the character to be too immature that I couldn't enjoy the plot. Actually I take that back, the sequel made me feel more this way, so in hindsight it made the first novel better.

3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?



Dark Places by Gillian Flynn. I wasn't really a fan of Gone Girl (the concept was cool, the hype was too much) but this novel was amazing! I literally had no idea who had really done the killings in this one.
 4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?

I honestly don't think I have an answer for this one. Has anyone actually listened to my recommendations?

 5. Best series you started in 2016? Best Sequel of 2016? Best Series Ender of 2016?



I'm going to say The Outlander Novels by Diana Gabaldon (Although technically I started the series in 2015). As for best sequel & series ender, my pick is for Winter By Marissa Meyer.

 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2016?

Have to say Claudia Gray here. I read 3 of her books in 2016.

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?


I don't read much out of comfort zone, so maybe just Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

 8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?

I have to say A Thousand Pieces of You again. I blew through that book.

 9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?

I don't really ever reread, so none.

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2016?

I have to say A Thousand Pieces of You AGAIN. I definitely judged a book by its cover with this one, but it took me so long to get to it.

11. Most memorable character of 2016?

Alana from Saga.


12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?



This was a really tough one to answer, but I think I have to say Lost Stars by Claudia Gray. That was the book that really made me go back to Gray's other books to read. It really grabbed me.

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2016?


Hmm...probably Little Brother By Cory Doctorow.

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read?



15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2016?

Listen, you have to ask me this question as I'm reading the books, because afterward I have book amnesia.

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?

Technically the shortest was Ms. Marvel Vol. 1 and the longest, and boy it felt like it, was Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell. 

17. Book That Shocked You The Most

Sharp Objects, what a messed up story. I did not see the ending coming.

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)

Hands down Claire & Jamie from the Outlander series. I love them so much!

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year

Omg, probably Nimona & Blackheart from the Nimona graphic novel. Their relationship made me laugh so much.

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2016 From An Author You’ve Read Previously

The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan.

21. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:

I actually surprisingly didn't get peer pressured into reading any books this year. All of them were books I wanted to read.

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016?

Did I say Jamie Fraser already?

23. Best 2016 debut you read?

None, because I don't think I read any debuts this year.

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?

The city in City of Blades by Robert Jackson Bennett.

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?

This one goes to Nimona again.
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2016?

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?



The Secret of Raven Point, although I think it has been out for some time.

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?


29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2016?



30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?



A Fine Imitation by Amber Brock. If you read my review you will probably know why. 


Your Blogging/Bookish Life

1. New Favorite book blog you discovered in 2016?

I want to say Jess's blog Curiouser and Curiouser because she's awesome, but I think we've been interacting for longer than that. 

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2016?


Maybe my ARC review of  In The Shadow of the Dragon King. 

3. Best discussion/non-review you had on your blog?

Hmm...maybe the Sci-Fi Month discussion about how I am breaking up with Farscape.

4. Best event that you participated in?

Obviously Sci-Fi Month!

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2016?

Nothing particular, but I've just enjoyed interacting with new book bloggers and making more connections.

6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?

Finding the times to stop playing videogames to actually read! It's also been hard to read because before I lived with my boyfriend I read a lot before bed, but now we seem to watch a lot of TV and then go right to bed. It's definitely something I want to change this year.

7. Most popular post this year on your blog?



8. Post you wished got a little more love?

Just any of my Deanna Listens feature posts. It seems like no one really cares about them, which is a shame because I love writing them. 

9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores) ?

I don't really have one.

10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

Hahah no! I was only 3 books behind on my goodreads challenge this year. 😡


Looking Ahead

1. One book you didn't get to in 2016 but will be your number 1 priority in 2017?


2. Book you are most anticipating for 2017 ( non-debut)?

I'm really into my backlists right now, so I don't really have one.

3. 2017 debut you are most anticipating?

See above.

4. Series ending/a sequel you are most anticipating 2017?

Hammer of Thor by Rick Riordan. I know it's already out but I just haven't gotten to it yet.

5. One thing you hope to accomplish or do in your reading/blogging life in 2017?

Read more!

6. A 2017 release you've already read & recommend to everyone:

None. I'm reading one right now, but I'm not totally loving it, so we shall see?


How was your year in books? Do you have any book resolutions for this year?

Happy Reads Everyone!
Follow