Monday, January 2, 2017

Deanna Listens: Stuff You Missed in History Class


Deanna Listens is a monthly feature on the first Monday of every month (sometimes) I created to showcase some of my favorite podcasts. This month I'm talking about the podcast Stuff You Missed in History Class.

This was actually a little bit of a difficult podcast for me to get into at first. I think for one the podcasts I had listened to prior did all the ads in the intro, so having it in the middle of the podcast was a learning curve for me. Also, the two hosts have accents a little different than me that I found at times hard to deal with. At one point, I kind of gave up this podcast. So you must be wondering, why are you featuring this podcast, Deanna? Well...because I decided to give this podcast another chance and I think it's an interesting concept that people should know about.

Stuff You Missed In History Class is pretty easy concept to understand. It is two woman that talk about specific historical things that you might not have hard about. I found a lot of these to be super interesting, and there have been a lot of European history stuff that I just never learned about. Which is always the best thing about history, there is always more to learn!

The first episode I actually listened to was local to my area, because they talked about The Soap Lady. If you have been to the Mutter Musuem in Philadelphia or just know about The Soap Lady, I highly recommend listening to this episode. They also do some fun episodes around Halloween that I loved listening to this year.

Here are some great episodes to start out with:
They definitely have something for anyone interested in history. I also really like that the archive on their website has the podcasts organized by category. Which can consist of the year or topic (15th century or Halloween episodes). I definitely am going to start listening to this podcast more, but I would definitely recommend giving this one a try.

Got a great podcast you love? Give me a recommendation in the comments. No serious, please help, I'm running out of podcasts to listen to!


Happy Reads Everyone!
Follow