Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books to Read if Your Book Club Likes Sci-Fi


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is Top Ten Books to read if your book Club likes X. So in honor of Sci-Fi Month, I am doing this week's topic on my favorite sci-fi books. Enjoy!


Cinder by Marrisa Meyer

I love this series so much, and I really enjoyed the narrator that did the audiobooks. It is definitely a book I recommend if you are unsure about the genre. There is something for everyone.


The 5th Wave By Rick Yancey

I feel like there are not too many new Alien invasion books out there, but I really love The 5th Wave. The first book definitely throws you for a loop.


Man Made Boy By Jon Skovron

I had never read anything by Skovron before and I only got this book because he accompanied Stephanie Perkins at a book signing and I thought his book sounded awesome! I say it's scifi because it's about a computer virus that becomes sentient and the creator has to stop it. But that creator is also Frankenstein's Monster's son. So it definitely teeters on the sci-fi/fantasy genre. 


Heir To The Empire By Timothy Zahn

Listen, I LOVE the Star Wars Expanded Universe, and if you haven't read any of the old (legends) canon and you want to experience it seriously read anything by Zahn, but more specifically the Heir To The Empire Series. I will never stop loving this series.


The Hunger Games By Suzanne Collins

When these novels first came out they really knocked it out of the park, but now I feel like every dystopia novel is trying to be it. I really enjoyed this series, and I know a lot of sci-fi fans would agree with me. 


Brave New World By Aldous Huxley

I read this book in high school and it has stuck with me for a long time. It is so messed up, but in a way I think Huxley got it right. I definitely want to do a reread of this sometime soon.



Unwind By Neal Shusterman

Okay, so Unwind might be one of those books that is technically more a dystopia and there isn't that much sci-fi it in, but I'm going to let this one slide. I think it's a great read and it does bring in real current science (3D printing) into the plot so I like to push this on other people. 


The Martain By Andy Weir

Since I'm pushing sci-fi book on people, I have to bring up The Martian. I struggled with this book at first because there was a lot of real science data dumped on you. I don't have a scientist brain, but once I got over that hurdle it was a really great story about how science helps one man survive.



Ready Player One By Ernest Cline

RPO is just a fun book about puzzles and people that dig video games set in the backdrop of futuristic setting where the big bad corporation is trying to take over. It's amazing! It's also probably what really made me want to get back into gaming.


The Hitchhiker's Guide To the Galaxy By Douglas Adams

This is one of those classic Sci-fi Books that I think everyone should read. I recently reread it and there were definitely A LOT of things I just did not get when I read this as a kid. It's a bit silly, but it's a fun sci-fi novel that I think everyone should try.


What are your favorite Sci-Fi books? Are you participating in Sci-Fi Month this year?

Happy Reads Everyone!
Follow