Friday, November 4, 2016

I'm sorry Farscape, I think we need to break up



I'm sorry Farscape, but I think it's time for us to go our separate ways. It was fun for awhile, but it's not me, it's you. Sorry, I'm not sorry.


So...I think it's time for me to give up on Farscape and here's why. When I first started the show I really struggled with it that I ended up giving up on it. Then I decided to give it a chance and I really started to get into it. I really enjoyed the first couple of seasons, but I felt like the third season drug a little bit. Now that I'm on the fourth and final season, I just can't get back into it. I feel like I have been trying to watch the same episode for the past several MONTHS. I feel like when a show becomes a chore, it's time for me to give up.

I don't like giving up on things, and it sucks because I only have one season left but every time I go to watch it I'm just not interested. I think the main problem is that they introduced a new character, and I just don't care for her. Also where I am in the fourth season Aeryn has basically run away and I really miss her. I think her relationship with Crichton is the best part about the show. Even though it frustrates me a lot, I find their struggle and they way they work with each other to solve problems so realistic. It's been lacking that in this last season, and I think that's a main factor why I can't get myself to get back into it.

Don't get me wrong, I do think Farscape does a lot of things right with space travel. Especially since they show us how a dumb American constantly messes stuff up because he doesn't understand this new society and world he has been dropped in. I also love that certain things about him being human and different are pointed out, like how compared to the other species he has really poor eyesight. Which is funny because on earth he was an Astronaut and they have to have great eyesight. 

There is definitely a lot of good in this TV show, but for me it's just not working anymore. Any fans out there want to convince me otherwise? 

Did you watch Farscape? What are your thoughts on it? 


Happy Reads Everyone!
Follow