Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Podcasts



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is an all audio freebie, so this week I'm talking about my favorite podcasts. I actually have a monthly feature on my blog called Deanna Listens where I feature and promote podcasts that I love, so if you read that (does anyone read it?) this list might be a little familiar. But I'm also going to be adding some ones I haven't had the chance to talk about yet.


Plumbing the Death Star is one of the first podcasts I started listening to. It's a bunch of Australian nerds that get really heated about the things you don't really think about. And they swear a lot, like me!


Welcome to Night Vale, I don't think I can really explain what this podcast is, it just is. Pretty weird, but always entertaining.


Okay, so the Nerdist, you know the Nerdist Chris Hardwick and the empire he has built? This is actually the first podcast I ever listened to. Hardwick has a great interview style, and I find that I'm always just talking to old friends whenever I listen to his podcast. 


Puck Soup is a new podcast I started listening to. It's hockey based and is hosted by the dude that does Yahoo's Puck Daddy site & Dave Lozo (another sports journalist). I need more hockey in my life and these two are funny and also bring in pop culture into their podcast which I love.



I miss The Indoor Kids so much! The podcast has been on hiatus for some time because Kumail & his wife Emily are busy having very successful careers! If you like video games, try listening to their old podcasts, super entertaining.


Hello, from the magic tavern is a really interesting podcast, but I've only listened to the first episode so I haven't had a chance to talk about it in Deanna Listens yet. It's a improv podcast, so I find it goes in ridiculous directions. 

Sadly, Oh, Comics is no more. This podcast was a part of the Panels.net website (a sister site of Book Riot) but since they decided to combine the two sites, they are no longer doing the podcast.


So I don't listen to Fat Man On Batman enough, but Kevin Smith is always entertaining. So if you like comic books and Smith's movies I highly recommend. 


The Thrilling Adventure Hour is another podcast that is done in the vein of old timey radio shows. It's super entertaining. Every episode isn't the same story, they go back and forth between a few different stories. I don't think this is running anymore, but when they were they recorded the shows live.


The Star Wars Stacks is also one of the first podcasts I started listening to. I was obsessed with the Star Wars Expanded Universe when I was younger and they are a book club that reads SW books so I love it. I also find it interesting when all three of them hate a book but for different reasons. Seriously, no two people read the same book.

Do you have any good podcasts I should listen to? What was on your list this week?

Happy Reads Everyone!
Follow