Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish Were TV Series


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is focused on new fall TV, so I'm doing mine on the books that I wish were TV shows. Some of these might have been optioned, but I didn't really do my research on it. 



The Sword of Truth Series By Terry Goodkind

Okay...so there was a show based on this book but it only lasted 2 seasons before it was cancelled. I just love it a lot so I want to just see it done again. Just give me season 3 please.


The Abhorsen Series By Garth Nix
Listen I love the Abhorsen series so much, that I gave my Wood Elf in Elder Scrolls Online the name Sabriel. There is a gap in time between the two novels, so I feel like a tv series could work through what happened in between. 


Lost Stars By Claudia Gray

This novel tells the story of characters not in the original trilogy from the time the Republic fell to the the Empire falling after Return of the Jedi. I think a TV series would be great to show all the time in between. 


The Witcher Series by Andrzej Sapkowski

But Deanna there is already a video game series, do you really need a TV series too? Yes, yes I do. I think the only way this would work is if CD Projekt Red did the TV show, because they do such a good job keeping the lore of the books in the game series. 


Percy Jackson Series by Rick Riordan

Movies, what movies I don't know what you are talking about...So yeah the move adaptations were so terrible that even the author talks so much trash on them. I think this series would be better as a TV series, and maybe have more age appropriate casting? 


The Alchemyst by Michael Scott

I really loved this series, but I don't ever see it get a lot of love. I think it would do well in a TV serial installment rather than movies. I feel like way too much would get cut that is necessary to the plot. TV shows give adaptations more leeway, and it would definitely work for this series.


The Curse Workers by Holly Black

Honestly, can I just get some sort of adaption for this series? I love this series so much, I think it would be okay as movie installments since there are only 3 novels, but I just think TV would work better to really capture Cassel's personality. 


The Mediator Series by Meg Cabot

I heard this was getting optioned for TV, but I'm not sure if that ever went anywhere. This would definitely work well, and Suze could have a "ghost of the week" in every episode. I think they would modernize the story, but I would actually love if they made it true to the book to show what it was like living in the early 2000s without a cell phone. 


Saga By Brian K. Vaughan

This would be an ambitious project, with a lot of FX makeup and costumes, but I would love to see a version of this comic on the small screen. Farscape was able to do sci-fi like this on the small screen, so I think it is doable. 


His Fair Assassins Series by Robin LaFevers

I just think this would be a really cool time period series that could gain the interest from people that like The Tudors or Outlander. A series might make more sense especially when we learn more about the other girls from the other novels.

What books do you want to see turned into TV series? What TV shows are on your radar this fall?



Happy Reads Everyone!
Follow