Monday, September 5, 2016

Deanna Listens: Talkin Toons With Rob Paulsen



Deanna Listens is a monthly feature on the first Monday of every month (sometimes) I created to showcase some of my favorite podcasts. I haven't posted in a few months, but never fear I am finally back and hoping to start up this feature again.

This month I am featuring Talking Toons with Rob Paulsen!

If you don't know who Rob Paulsen is, trust me you do. He's a big deal in the voice acting community and I guarantee that he voiced some familiar characters. Like Yakko from Animatics and Pinky from Pinky and the Brain. Seriously, dude has probably been in a lot of things you loved as a child. Like seriously, go look at his IMDB page. Even if you don't you will learn it quickly if you listen to this podcast, as his intro is a supercut of a bunch of iconic characters this dude has done.

I am really into voice acting. I think it's such an interesting form of art, and I feel like a lot of these guys and gals don't get the credit they deserve. These guys work really hard, and I find it so cool to listen to Rob Paulsen interview all these cool voice over actors. Some of these people I didn't realize just how many cool voices they have done over the years.

Rob's podcast is a little different than most of the podcasts I recommend, simply because they are done live. I find them really fun and energetic, but somethings they are a little difficult if a interviewee uses a visual reference and says, "So I was doing this." I think because they are live they forget that people might be listening and can't see them. It's not all the time, but it is something to be aware of when you start listening to it.

Rob has some great guests on, but a few of my favorites have to be the following:


I like this podcast a lot, and it almost has me wondering am I in the right career? Can I be a voice over actor? The answer is probably no (I'm much too timid), but I really love that Rob's podcast and the guests he interviews makes me think I could.

Got a great podcast you love? Give me a recommendation in the comments.

Happy Reads Everyone!
Follow