Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I loved When I Was In School


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is a back-to-school freebie. So I decided to do this one on ten books that I loved when I was in school. Some of these will likely include books I read during University, because high school feels like it was a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. 



I've definitely talked in other TTT's about how much I love this series from Holly Black. I actually bought new copies of this novel so that she could sign them for me when I got to meet her last year. I have a lot of love for this book.



I'm sure a lot of people have this one on their list, and I'm sure I talked about this before, but I didn't read the Harry Potter series until I was as Sophomore at University. No, I'm not kidding. My mom was a weird religious person that wouldn't let me read it when this book came out. I am not joking. So I finally got around to reading it when I was older, and I definitely enjoyed it. 



I actually reread this book recently, and it was just nonsense, which is exactly how I remembered it! This book was so much fun as a middle schooler, but I think as an adult I got a few more references that may have missed me back in the day. 



I got really into the Star Wars Expanded Universe when I was in middle school, and Zahn's trilogy is what started it all. I loved how he could capture these characters, and he just made me want to be Mara Jade. She was a BAMF! I really want there to be some sort of reference to her in the new Star Wars movies, even if it's just like she died. I just want them to acknowledge her existence and what she meant to the EU community. 



Whenever some one says they don't like Sarah Dessen, I tell them to at least read this book. This one was the first I read by her, and it's dark subject matter is something that I think as a teenage girl you need to read. 



This wasn't the first Maureen Johnson book I read, but this was one that I really enjoyed. There is even an sequel! I loved this fun adventure story, and it's probably why I continue to read Johnson's books. 



This book is definitely really dated now, but when I was a kid I loved this premise. If you read the summary, if might sound like a certain movie by a certain Philly-based director. This book is definitely better. 



Wow huge shocker here for anyone that has ever visited my blog before. Of course there is a Meg Cabot book on this list, especially this one. This series is what really started my interest in reading again, so it really means a lot to me.



I loved this first book in the Sword of Truth series. I just wanted to see Richard and Kahlan get together already! This series towards the end frustrated me, but I still love that very first book.



I couldn't resist I had to put another Meg Cabot book on this list. Of Cabot's standalone books, this one has to be my favorite. If you like Arthurian myth, I highly recommend this one.

Which books are on your list this week?

Happy Reads Everyone!
Follow