Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Summer TBR


I haven’t been participating in Top Ten Tuesday lately for a few reasons. One I just have been too lazy and the topics haven’t really grabbed me enough to want to focus on a list. The other is that I have been playing too many video games, which I think is pretty apparent when you read my list. 
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the bloggers over at 
The Broke and the Bookish. This week is a freebie, so I decided to talk about my summer TBR, my very ambitious Summer TBR. 



I was approached by the author if I was interested in reading this in exchange for an honest review, so I have this at the top of my list right now. It’s a sci-fi post-apocalyptic novel that seems right up my alley. To be honest, I haven’t even finished the first chapter, but it seems interesting so far.





This is the second short story collection from Andrzej Sapkowski’s The Witcher series. I love the video game so much, so I find it so interesting going back to the books. It’s given me a little more background and insight on in-game references so I’m really enjoying it.




This one has been on my list for a really long time, and since the second book is coming out in the fall I’m trying to get to it quickly. I’ve been weary to go back to SteamPunk because Leviathan is so good that I’m afraid I won’t like anything else in the genre. I’m definitely going to try to go to this one with an open mind.


This is another book for review that I’m trying to put at the top of my list. I’m about 50 pages in and I find the writing easy to follow and I’m interested in what secrets the main character is keeping. Not sure if the genre or subject matter is really my cup of tea, but I want to finish it before making that decision.



Okay, I know, I am still reading this one. I suck! I think the length of this one is what puts me off. I think I will get this one eventually. Maybe I do have to wait until my next vacation to read it.





I eventually want to get to the adult novel about Suze and Jesse, just haven’t managed to fit it into my reading schedule yet. Soon, very soon!





The first in The Witcher novel series. I just love this story so much, I have to read the first novel right away. 




Okay, I think I have a problem, and his name is Geralt of Rivia. This book actually exists as a compendium to the third videogame, and is less tied to the books. However, the game studio does a pretty good job at including book lore into it. My boyfriend got me this for my birthday, and it’s this really big hardback coffee table book with pretty photos. So I just want to consume it all.




I like having short story collections to mix things up sometimes, so I definitely want to add this one to the mix. I have zero idea what it is going to be like.





Jess @ Curiouser & Curiouser has talked up this book enough that when I saw the ebook was cheap recently I had to buy it. I’m hoping to get to it soon.

What’s on your TTT this week?

Happy Reads Everyone!

Follow