Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Underrated Books


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is books I love that I haven't talked about in a while. So basically books I feel are really underrated and I want everyone to read.


The Divine Cities Series By Robert Jackson Bennett

I recently reviewed the second book in this series, so maybe I have talked about this recently, but I just really want to push this series on so many people. It's so good!


Invisible Monsters By Chuck Palahniuk

This is my favorite book by Chuck Palahniuk. I never reviewed it on this blog because I read it WAY before I had a blog. Sadly I leant it to someone in high school that I'm no longer friends with, and I never got it back. :( 


I Heart Robot By Suzanne Van Rooyen

I read the ARC of this book last year and it was a pleasant surprise. If you are a sci-fi fan it might be a little predictable, but I really enjoyed this one. 


The Secret life of Sparrow Delaney By Suzanne Harper

This middle grade book was another pleasant surprise. I really enjoyed it, but I definitely would want it to be a series. 


The Curse Workers by Holly Black

I think I do actually talk about this series a lot. I love this mobster magical realism book from Holly Black. I highly recommend it. 


Graceling By Kristin Cashore

I love that this series is told in companion novels, each book has a different perspective and in a different time. I really enjoyed exploring this world in different ways. 


His Dark Materials Series

I know this series is a little controversial because it's very anti-religion, but I always think that a story is a story and you can enjoy it for what it is. I never really bought into the messaging behind it, and read it more for the fantasy story.


The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel By Michael Scott

I saw this series next to Harry Potter at a bookstore and it peaked my interest. If you want to know more about the myth of Nicholas Flamel I would recommend this one. 



Avalon High By Meg Cabot

This is one of my favorite stand-alone novels that Meg Cabot has written. It's also probably why I started watching the show Merlin. I loved the concept of Arthur's court being reincarnated. 


Oh.My.Gods By Tera Lynn Childs

Has anyone else read this series? I don't think I have found a lot of people. I think this came out when Greek mythlogy was "the thing" in YA fiction, so it might have flown under the radar. I think there are just two books in this series, but it was pretty cool. It actually made me want to run faster when I took it to the gym with me. haha. 

What books are you talking about this week? 

Happy Reads Everyone!
Follow