Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten OTPs


Oh boy, it's seriously been a while since I participated in Top Ten Tuesday. I checked and the last time I did was in September. SEPTEMBER!!! My life has been a little hectic lately and I have been really bad about planing my posts. So I am hoping in 2016 that I can get back into the swing of things. 

So you guys should know the drill by now, Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic related to Valentine's Day, so I decided to do my Top Ten OTPs. 



Luke Skywalker & Mara Jade

I have to put this at the top of my list, because Luke X Mara is my ultimate OTP. I was first introduced to Mara Jade in Timothy Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy and later in the Duology Hand of Thrawn. The lady doth protest too much when they first meet, so I was so excited when they finally got together. But seriously why did it take then ten years!?!



Mia Thermopolis & Michael Moscovitz

Of course these two are on my list. I have been cheering these two on for all of my teenaged years. I love these two, and I was so glad to see they have a happy ending. They were perfect for each other, and being in a long-term relationship now I can say that I love that Michael didn't put up with a lot of her immaturity. Mia needed to grow and Michael knew that. I loved that about him.


Claire Randall & Jamie Fraser

Frank who? Literally did not care about Frank all that much in this book and I didn't really feel like Claire cheated on him if she was sent to the past and he wasn't born yet. I was all about Claire and Jamie's romance, and I loved that it was a slow burn of them getting forced together. There was a lot of drama in their relationship. That reminds me I need to continue reading Dragonfly in Amber.


Hermione Granger & Ron Weasley

One of the things that I loved about Harry Potter was that the hero didn't "get the girl." I adored that Harry and Hermione's relationship was just as friends, because that is realistic! The choice to pair Ron and Hermione together always made perfect sense to me. 


Odd Thomas & Stormy Llewellyn

This one is a sad romance, but I do believe these two are destined to be together forever, just maybe not in the typical sense. In the first book these two totally got each other and I was all about it. 


Suze Simon & Jesse DeSilva

I don't have the new book yet, but I am really excited to read about Suze again. I loved that she could kickass, but Jesse was still so protective of her. I also liked that she never really listened to him and just did what she was going to do. Suze would have never ended up with Paul, you hear me, never!!! It wasn't even supposed to be a love triangle, so you knew she was always going to end up with Jesse somehow.


Kahlan Amnell & Richard Cipher

I have since stopped reading this series, and the reason why is what really frustrated me about this series. It felt like the author was never going to let these two be happy. It was super frustrating and as soon as they did get together there would be something, or some evil wizard that would tear them apart. The last book I read had a happy ending, so I decided that was where their story ended for me.


Deryn "Dylan" Sharp & Alek Of Habsburg

What I love about this romance is the, "When is Alek going to figure it out?" thought that constantly ran in my head. This one was a tricky romance since Deryn was posing as a boy, but I also really liked it because she was a really gender fluid character.


Percy Jackson & Annabeth Chase

I think I like this romance which it is similar to Ron & Hermione. The girl whose too smart for her own good and the brash boy that doesn't think before his actions. I really appreciated it more when Annabeth started calling him "seaweed brain" and when we got more of her perspective. Percy wasn't the most reliable narrator, but their relationship was built on friendship and I eat that shit up.



Sybella & Beast

The bitter asshole and the cinnamon roll pairing! (Try figuring out which one is which). The second book in this series was way darker, but I loved their relationship. Beast is probably my favorite character of this entire series, so I was so glad he won Sybella over. 

What are your top OTPs?

Happy Reads Everyone!
Follow