Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Songs I Want to Be Books


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is books & music, so I decided to do it on songs I want to be books. I chose a lot of folk-style songs that already tell a story, because I think those would work really well as books.

Furr By Blitzen Trapper


I think that I actually first heard this song on a fanmix for Shiver By Maggie Stiefvater, but I actually want to read about the story from this song more. 

Dirty Paws By Of Monster and Men


I actually almost put two Of Monsters And Men songs on this list, because they have a lot of songs that are just them telling stories. I really want to read this one and find out about how they defeat the Queen Bee and her men. 
Roxanne By The Police



Okay, I really want to know who Roxanne is. How did this singer meet her? Did she stop walking the streets for money? I need to know these things!

Starman By David Bowie


I need to know who the Starman is!! Like I can't ask Bowie anymore because he returned to his home planet, but seriously I want a book based off of this song.

Wedding Song by Anais Mitchell


Okay this might be cheating a little, because this song is actually about the story of Orpheus & Eurydice, but every time I listen to it I am just reminded of Firefly. Like is this Mal & Inara's wedding song? 
To Be Alone With You by Sufjan Stevens



So I've read up on this song before and I know it's supposed to be pretty religious, but I always saw another story in it. I want someone to write that so I can read it.

Carry On My Wayward Song By Kansas



Okay, this is cheating a little again because this song is about a story that has already been told. (NO! Not Supernatural!) This song is basically the Icarus story, so I guess I just want a reimagining of that story. 
Bohemian Rhapsody By Queen



I really want to know who the speaker killed and why? I love this song so much, but there is definitely more to the story and I want to know what it is.

Radioactive By Imagine Dragons


This song has been the theme song to every YA dystopia novel, so I really want to know what this story is about according to the band. This video is bat-shit crazy, so please give me that in a novel. 
Miss Murder By AFI



AFI is my favorite band so I had to include them on here somewhere. Miss Murder is a relatively recent song of theirs, but it definitely tells a story. Who is Miss Murder? I want to know who she is and what exactly she does. Someone write this story for me!

Do you have any songs that you want to be books? 

Happy Reads Everyone!
Follow