Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Deanna Listens: The X-Files Files


Deanna Listens
 is a monthly feature on the first Monday of every month (a little late this month...again) I created to showcase some of my favorite podcasts. This month I am talking about The X-Files Files.

In honor of the X-Files returning to TV ( YAY!!! Mulder X Scully 4 EVER!!!) I wanted to showcase Kumail Nanjiani's x-files podcast. I really like this podcast, even though I've only listened to a few episodes. It's really made me want to go back and re-watch the series, because I don't remember some of these early episodes that he discusses in the podcast. I'm really trying to get my boyfriend to watch this with me, but so far no dice. 

The premise of the podcast is that Kumail and his guest of the week watch an episode and then discuss it. I have to admit that I've only listened to the first two episodes of this one, but I definitely have a lot in my listening queue right now. 

In the second episode he does break it down on how the podcast is going to work, because although he'll be reviewing a lot of episodes he's not going to do all of them. The podcast is supposed to be for two types of people: those who love the series and don't want to talk about the bad episodes, and those who are new to x-files and want to know which episodes are okay to skip. I think that was really smart to do considering that there are 9 seasons and two movies of this show! 

In addition to discussing the episodes, Kumail also has done a  few interviews with those involved in the show. Although I haven't listened to these yet, they are on my radar so I want to point them out:

-Interview with Mark Snow (Composer of theme)
-Interview with Glen Morgan (Producer)
-Interview with X-Files Writer Darin Morgan
-Kumail Talks to David Duchovny & Gillian Anderson on Set

Kumail is actually in the third episode of the new season, which is really funny so I highly recommend you check out this podcast.

Got a podcast you think I would enjoy? Let me know and maybe it will be featured next month.

Happy Reads Everyone!
Follow