Monday, January 4, 2016

Deanna Listens: How Did This Get Made?


Deanna Listens is a monthly feature on the first Monday of every month (a little late this month!) I created to showcase some of my favorite podcasts. This month I am talking about How Did This Get Made?

How did this get made is probably one of my favorite podcasts. I love the concept so much, so I find this podcast so refreshing. The podcast is hosted by Paul Scheer, Jason Mantzoukas & June Diane Raphael. Their tagline is "Have you ever seen a movie so bad that it’s amazing?" and that is basically all I can really say about this podcast. They cover a lot of terrible movies, and I find it so hilarious. 

I haven't listened to a ton of their recent shows because I haven't seen all the movies they've dissected, and I find it hard to make fun of weird movies that I've never seen. Although, I did make the exception for Jupiter Ascending. I almost might make another exception for the Star Wars Holiday Special. I have never seen it, but I have just heard about how bad it is, so I'm interested to hear what these guys have to say. 

Here are a few of my favorite episodes:
I think my favorite is Sleepaway Camp. If you haven't seen the movie, just don't. I have to say it is the most bat shit crazy movie I have ever seen. The only reason I saw it is because I had a friend in high school who was obsessed with the band CKY and the lead singer ended up marrying the actress who plays Angela in the movie. This movie is so insane, that it took these dudes twenty minutes to just dissect the first two minutes of this insane movie. 

I wouldn't remember trying to listen to this podcast at work, because I think I laugh at little bit too much, but I would definitely check this one out if you are looking for a good laugh.


Happy Reads Everyone!
Follow