Monday, December 7, 2015

Deanna Listens: The Indoor Kids


Deanna Listens is a monthly feature on the first Monday of every month I created to showcase some of my favorite podcasts. This month I am talking about The Indoor Kids.

The Indoor Kids is a video game podcast that is run by comedian Kumail Nanjiani and his equally talented wife Emily V Gordon. I really like Kumail's comedy so it was the first reason why I was interested in listening to this podcast. Since I started getting more into gaming, it's also been a good reference for me and has helped me discover new games that I might be interested in.

Unfortunately they are on hiatus right now, but I have a ton of old episodes backed logged on my stitcher app, and I have been listening to these two non-stop. I find Emily's career path so interesting, and had I not listened to this podcast I probably wouldn't have know about her past career as a therapist or that she has a book out now. I'm actually really interested in reading that, and getting her outlook on life.

I don't think this podcast is for you if you don't game, but I really recommend it if you are a new gamer and don't really know what games you are interested in. They don't just talk about gaming, but the bulk of their episodes do hinge upon it. 

Here are a few of my favorite episodes that I have listened to so far:
I'm sure there are way more old ones that I couldn't find to link to, but these are a few episodes that I absolutely adored. I actually think this is one of my favorite podcasts right now.

Got a podcast you think I would enjoy? Let me know and maybe it will be featured next month.


Happy Reads Everyone!
Follow