Monday, October 5, 2015

Deanna Listens: Welcome To NightVale



Deanna Listens is a monthly feature on the first Monday of every month I created to showcase some of my favorite podcasts. This month I'm taking about Welcome to NightVale.



So how do I explain what Welcome to Night Vale is? Hmm...I really can't. No really one of the intros says something along the lines of "support us to help us keep this show hard to explain to your friends." That's it, that's the show. It is literally the weirdest podcast I have ever listened to, and that's what makes it so cool.

I think readers will really like this podcast, because it's not another one where I listen to people being interviewed or some dudes having an argument about nerdy crap, no this one is actually a story. This podcast harkens to the old timey radioshows that fell out of favor in America. It's this weird little show with evil librarians, a dog park that no one is allowed in, and a floating cat in the men's bathroom. I did mention it is the weirdest podcast I've listened to, right? So weird, but so addictive!

I don't really have a bunch of episodes that I would to pull out to highlight, because I've listened to at least the first 50 episodes. There's almost 80 episodes currently available, but I think you don't need to go back to the first one to get this show. I think you could understand it if you just jump in right away. I'm a crazy person and I like to go back and listen to old shows, so I've been slowly listening through the entire show. I don't think you have to do this, so don't make yourself crazy like I have made myself.

The show has gotten so popular that the creator even wrote a Night Vale novel. So that's pretty cool, and another reasons why I wanted to showcase this podcast on my blog. I think that book lovers will really enjoy this one because this one is a story, and not so much a podcast of a bunch of people talking. I think readers that like fantasy and paranormal or just plain weird things will really enjoy this one.

Got a podcast you think I would enjoy? Let me know and maybe it will be featured next month.


Happy Reads Everyone!



Happy Reads Everyone!
Follow