Monday, August 3, 2015

Deanna Listens: Nerdist Podcast



Welcome to the second installment of Deanna Listens! This month I am featuring the podcast from our Nerd Overlord Chris Hardwick--Nerdist Podcast!

If you're not familiar with Nerdist or Chris Hardwick you must not watch a lot of TV or know what Comic Con is. Comedian and self-proclaimed nerd, Chris Hardwick hosts the crap out of a lot of things you probably love. You may even remember him from a little show called Attack of the Show. I was familiar with Hardwick because of The Talking Dead, Talking Bad and most recently his fake gameshow @Midnight on Comedy Central. When I decided to start getting into podcasts, I knew that I was going to start with Nerdist Podcast, and I'm really glad I did.

One of the things I enjoy about the podcast is that Hardwick interviews a lot of different people that have a lot of interesting things to say. So if there is a certain comedian, actor or musician you particular like they were probably on the Nerdist Podcast. I also love his interview style, because it's not a formal one. It is more like he is sitting down and having a conversation with an old friend. When I listen to a lot of the episodes I sometimes feel like these dudes are just having a conversation in the back of my car while I drive.

I'm such a fan of the podcast that I have so many old episodes still backlogged on my listen later playlist on my Stitcher app. I've gotten through a lot of them, but the guys on the Podcast have talked to some pretty cool people that I just want to listen to them all! I also feel like I have learned a lot just from listening because sometimes those conversations get really heavy.

Here are a few of my favorite episodes:


...okay I think I have a problem. Just go start listening to Nerdist Podcast, I guarantee you will enjoy it!


Happy Reads Everyone!