Friday, August 21, 2015

Book Confession: Ack I'm drowning in my TBR list!!!

It's time for Deanna to make another book confession. I feel like it's been a long time, but I felt like right now I needed to do it. It might not look like it, but I feel like I'm struggling to write posts on the blog. There are a few reasons for this, but most of it is because I'm drowning in my TBR list and I'm not reading fast enough to write reviews. So here are a few reasons why I'm drowning in my TBR list.

  • Relocation
    I've mentioned this before, but I recently moved in with my boyfriend of 5 years. We met in college and he was a year behind me, so for the past 2 years he has been living at his mom's house which was 2 1/2 hours from my parents house. He was sick of his job, and I was sick of taking the Amtrak train to see him. However, I got SO MUCH reading done whenever I took Amtrak to go visit him. I was reading so many books that I wasn't even reviewing everything I read.

    So now that we live together, I don't have 2 hours sitting on a train reading a book every other week. I'm also finding it hard to read because we always want to just watch just one more episode on Netflix. We always want to do stuff together, so it's getting hard to find time to read. I have actually uttered the sentence, "Um...do you want to play video games tonight? Because I really want to get some reading done." I'm not even kidding. 


  • Mass Effect

    So my boyfriend is a big gamer and he's always been trying to get me into gaming, and he won. He totally won, and he was totally right that I would love Mass Effect. So I've really been neglecting my reading because yeah I really want to read, but I also was really busy beating the first game and now I'm in the middle of the second with so many things to do. I love this game, but I also need to better manage my time and shut off the game some times so that I can get some actual reading done. It's a struggle.
  • DUNE By Frank Herbert
    I think that the biggest culprit of me drowning in my TBR list is the fact that I am currently still reading Dune. Seriously, do you know how huge this book is? Huge! So I've really been taking my time and reading books in between (for book club, library holds, etc) so that I actually have things to review on the blog. Because this one is going to take me way too long. Not that it's bad, it's just taking me a long time.

So if you've noticed that I've fallen off the map, I didn't, I'm just still drowning in my TBR list. Or if we're being honest I probably just fell down the rabbit hole that is the Mass Effect Trilogy.


Happy Reads Everyone!



Follow