Saturday, July 18, 2015

Graphic Novel Review: Rat Queens Vol. 2- The Far Reaching Tentacles of N'rygoth


My Rating:
★★★★★

The second volume of Rat Queens was everything I hoped it would be, BUT it still left me with a lot of questions and wanting more. Which is not necessarily a bad thing; it just means that I want more of these crazy bitches going on quests and taking down the bad dudes.

The second volume starts off right at the end of the first one. It's the morning after their big party and everyone is dealing with the after effects. I really like that the second one doesn't try to transition time. If you forgot what happened in the first volume it makes it really easy for you to pick back up where you left off.

Another aspect that I really enjoyed was that we got a glimpse of the Rat Queens' lives before they became a group. I thought it was also really interesting that Dee becomes such a more major character in this one. I was starting to feel like she didn't really belong in the group, and I'm still not sure if the Queens is where she belong but I think she is the level-headed voice of reason that the other three sometimes need. I'm really interested to see where her story arc will take her.

Getting a glimpse into the past of Violet and Hannah was something that I really liked. Both of their pasts are the catalysts for why they sought out a group like the Queens, and it definitely helped the reader understand why they are the way they are. I'm hoping volume 3 will go more into detail with Betty's character.

The book does kind of end on a cliffhanger so I was just sitting there thinking, "Wait, when does the third one come out?!?" So I'll be impatiently waiting for the next one while the rest of you catch up to me. If you loved the first volume I guarantee you will love this one too.


Happy Reads Everyone!