Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd love to see as a movie/TV Show


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is the books you would want to see as movies or tv shows. 


The Mediator Series by Meg Cabot

I love this series so so much! I think it is possibly in the works to be a series but I don't think anything has been officially confirmed. I have no idea who I would want to play Suze, but she has to be a BAMF.


Shades of London Series By Maureen Johnson

Another ghost series that I think would work really well on the small screen. Although I think the first book would even be okay as just one movie. I haven't heard anything about this one being in the works yet but I would like to see it.


Leviathan By Scott Westerfeld

I mean I love the artwork in this series so it really speaks for itself but I would love to see the big clankers attacking a ship that it a freaking whale in the sky! It would cost a lot for production, but I would pay to see this trilogy brought to life on the silver screen.



Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein

Our culture seems to love WWII stories so I think if this one was made into a movie it would be a hit. I couldn't find any information on if this one is being optioned but I would not be surprised if we find out that it is soon.


His Fair Assassin Series by Robin LaFevers

I would be satisfied with just a movie version of the first novel, Grave Mercy. I think the historical period would interest a lot people. 



Tiger Lily By Jodi Lynn Anderson

No this is not Pan! I only want this movie made if an actual Native American actor gets to play Tiger Lily. Otherwise I don't want another Rooney Mara. 



Curse Workers Series by Holly Black

So this one was optioned back in 2011 but I don't think anything ever came of it. I think maybe this would work better as a TV series because otherwise I think a lot would have to be cut out. This is one of my favorite series so I would love to see this adapted. 



Midnighters By Scott Westerfeld

Is it cheating to put the same author twice? This is another series by Westerfeld that I think would be perfect for an adaptation! 



Devilish By Maureen Johnson

Um...same question as above, but I think this standalone from Johnson would work well as a movie. I think fans of Supernatural would be all about it.



Splintered By A.G. Howard

This one might be possible soon, but nothing is official. Our society adores Alice in Wonderland, so I think this would be a cool one to do, especially since it's so much darker than Caroll's novel.

Which books would you want to be made into TV series/movies?

Happy Reads Everyone!