Thursday, May 14, 2015

Review: Mortal Heart



My Rating:

★★★ 1/2

First, I want to point out that just because I've giving this book 3 1/2 stars, that does NOT mean this book was bad. That is not a bad rating. The reason why I'm giving it lower than the other two series is because, although it was written well and I did enjoy it, I just didn't enjoy quite as much as the other two novels.

I think part of the reason I didn't like the book as much as Dark Triumph or even Grace Mercy was because the pacing was really slow in the beginning. I felt like it was taking forever to get to the point. At times Annith annoyed me too. Like I understand why she was so pissed off at the abbess but sometimes she came off as she knew everything, and I don't think that was the case.

So despite those things, the thing that made me like her story was that it wasn't a repetition of Ismae or Sybella's stories. She has a very different path then the other girls, and I really liked how it ended. There is a bit of a plot twist to her adventure and I did see part of it coming but the other part I didn't see coming at all. So I'm glad that this book wasn't completely predictable and it made it more enjoyable for me.

I partially think that I'm in a reading slump and that's why I didn't like this one as much as the last one. So I would really recommend it to anyone who loves the series. I don't think it tops Dark Triumph, but the writing and the plot is interesting enough that you will enjoy it.

What did you think of this book?

Happy Reads Everyone!

P.S Don't forget I'm still running my blogiversary giveaway!