Saturday, May 30, 2015

Confession: I don't review all the books I read

So I have a confession for my fellow book bloggers out there...I don't review every book I read. Don't judge me.




Whether that be in paper form, graphic novel/comics or audiobooks, I just don't review everything. I have a feeling that I am not alone in this, but I've been meaning to discuss why I don't review everything for some time. The answer is pretty simple: I'm freaking lazy.

No seriously! Between working full time, trying to find a apartment with the boyfriend, and my parents selling my childhood house my life has been in chaos lately. I haven't even been watching the Stanley Cup playoffs, like at all! That is completely not me! So yeah I really have been letting my blog slip a little. I'm not really one of those bloggers that posts every day anyway, but I really feel like I haven't been writing as much as I used to. Due to life pulling me in all different directions, I made the executive decision to just not blog about every single thing I read.

It's not merely a time or laziness situation. Often times there is another reason why I chose not to review a particular book. For one, I have not reviewed a single one of The Walking Dead graphic novels I have read, and I'm already on Volume 9. I don't really have a good reason, I just haven't felt like it. Maybe if I ever finish it I'll do an overall series review.

I also tend not to do reviews of rereads, even if I read them BEFORE I started blogging. I just rather move on to the next book. Since I have been doing audiobooks more I've been posting A LOT of audiobook reviews, so I have held back on a few of those because I don't want my blog to get bogged down with all audiobook reviews.

Another reason I might not review something I've read is frankly because I thought it sucked. Sometimes I do review those books, but sometimes I just don't care enough about the book to even give it a review. Is that mean? Maybe, but I just don't want to be bothered with it. It's the same for books that I feel indifferent to. If it didn't make me feel any sort of strong emotion I might just forget I wanted to review in in the first place.

So my question to you fellow bloggers: Where do you stand on this issue? Do you review everything you read? Let me know in the comments below!

Happy Reads Everyone!

P.S. Don't forget my Blogiversary Giveway is still open!