Friday, May 8, 2015

Audiobook Review: The Raven Boys


My Rating:
★★★★

I've been meaning to read The Raven Boys for a long time, but I have been putting it off. Not only because there is a lot of hype and sometimes that makes a book not as good for me, but because I listened to the audiobook of Shiver and I absolutely hated it. So I was really hesitant going into this series, but I was really glad that I was proven wrong!

At first I was confused that the narrator was male because I thought Blue was supposed to be the main protagonist, and although she plays a major role in the novel it is really about Gansey, his friends and their search for Glendower. I thought it was a really interesting premise and I loved that this was also about psychics because I haven't read a lot of books on the subject. I definitely want to read more.

Stiefvater's writing was really lovely in this novel, and I think all of her characters came out of it three-dimensional to me. I also liked that they swore and called each other dicks, because that's exactly how teenaged boys talk to each other. I thought Ronan was kind of an asshole, but that also made me love him for some reason.

I wanted more about who Blue's father was and what exactly her mother had done. I actually thought he was going to be a character you had already met so I was a little disappointed but also glad that I couldn't predict everything in this book.

I liked this book so much that I just wanted to get the next book in the series on audiobook but it wasn't available. I will get to it eventually! This is a book I would highly recommend!

Happy Reads Everyone!