Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Authors of All Time


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is your top ten favorite authors of all time! I feel like we did this topic already? Did we? Or am I just crazy? So here are mine, which was not that hard to come up with to be honest.


Dude, of course Meg is at the top of my list. I practically have a blinking banner on my blog about how much I love her. Not really...but if you are a frequent visitor you have to know that she is my favorite author.


A lot of people criticize Dessen for being formulaic, and I can see that but every time I read one of her books I remember why I love her so much. Definitely in my top five.


I got to meet Holly Black this year and I was too excited to gush over how much I loved The Curse Workers series. But seriously I love her stuff...I've just been bad at keeping up at it.


I think part of my love for Johnson is because we come from the same state. YAY Pennsylvania! I totally forgot about her Shades of London series so I need to get on finishing that one, but I love all her standalone novels.


Um...is this a question? Don't you people remember how much I gushed over the Leviathan series? 


Um...duh? Of course I love the woman who brought us Harry Potter!


Yeah I'll admit it...sometimes Martin is WAY too descriptive but sometimes I really adore his description. I think he really wowed me with his multiple point of view writing style.


Okay...I know this is a really pretensions answer but I really love Macbeth and a Midsummer's night dream, so I definitely would consider the bard as one of my favorites. 


Wilde was a funny dude, but you definitely had to read between the lines sometimes. I adore him and would definitely consider him one of my favorite authors.


I couldn't think of a tenth author so I took a look at my bookshelf and the Kane Chronicles was almost slapping me in the face. Riordan writes for a younger audience then what I'm used to reading just I find his adventure stories to be so gratifying. 

What authors are on your list this week?


Happy Reads Everyone!