Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The Brontë Tag

Jess over at Curiouser and Curiouser started an original tag The Brontë Tag, and tagged me like a million years ago so I'm finally get around to completing this one.

Jane Eyre

A book/series with a twist you didn't see coming


Dude...this book was great but I totally did not see where it was going to go. AT ALL. As a staunch sci-fi fan I really should have seen it coming, but I didn't.


Shirley

A book/series with more than one protagonist


This really shouldn't come as a shock to anyone that visits my blog. I love Deryn and Alek. 


Villette

A book/series set at school


Set at a boarding school, Maureen Johnson's ghost story seems perfect for this particular tag.

The Professor

A book/series you didn't like by an author you love


Sorry Meg, this one just wasn't that great. I still read all of them because I love her writing, but it was hard to connect to the character.


Agnes Grey

A book/series with a positive female friendship


I haven't written up my review of this audiobook yet, but I am getting there. This book definitely shows what happens when girls stop tearing each other down and start building each other up.


The Tenant of Wildfell Hall

A book/series with a protagonist who is a parent


Okay...this might be cheating a little because there are a million characters in this fantasy series.


Wuthering Heights

A book/series with a problematic love interest


There was kind of a love triangle in this novel that I really didn't care for. I really just didn't see a reason for Alyssa to end up with anyone. Even though Jeb gets better in the end of this book, I just really still didn't like their relationship. 


Tales of Angria

A book/series that reminds you of your childhood


This is a book that I read during my childhood but every time I see in my shelf I'm just reminded of being a kid and having my mom read it to me.


I'm too lazy to tag anyone, but feel free to participate and check out Jess' original post.



Happy Reads Everyone!