Friday, April 10, 2015

Review: Crown Of Midnight


My Rating:
★★★★★

First of all I want to point out that it was not that I disliked the first novel in this series, but that I just thought the sequel was so much better. I'm serious! I was really impressed with this follow up. Bravo Sarah J. Maas.

So why did I love this second novel so much? Um...because we got to see how much of a BAMF Celaena was! We saw some of this in the first novel, but that was more about the competition and less about her actually assassinating people. In the second novel she straight up murders the bad guys and I was left looking at the pages blankly in shock. It's definitely interesting to realize that she has a deep dark side that we didn't get to see before.

Her past is slowly unraveled to us via Chaol's own research, which I think was very cool but also pretty predictable. I knew that she was not who she said she was, I knew there was more to her past than she let on, so I was not all that surprised when it was finally revealed. I was just like, "I knew it!" when it was finally spelled out.

I think the only thing that I wasn't too crazy about was that the book ends with a lot of uncertainity. I guess that's actually a good thing because it makes me want to go get the third book in this series. I just want to know what fate has in store for Celaena now!

What did you think of Crown of Midnight?

Happy Reads Everyone!