Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The Cake Book Tag!

Jess over at Curiouser and Curiouser tagged me to do the Cake Book tag. I saw a couple of other bloggers do this tag, but I didn't have the opportunity to do it myself. So here goes! I also found this to be unusually hard for some reason.

Flour

A book that was slow to start but picked up as it went along


OMG definitely The Martian! I thought I was going to DNF this one because it got way too technical right away, but I ended up loving it. Watney's humor about his situation is really what made me stick with it.

Butter

A book that has a great rich plot


Do I even need to explain this one? Neal Shusterman wrote an AMAZING conclusion to his effed up dystopia series. I think it blows all the other books up. Just go read it, NOW!



Eggs

A book you thought was going to bad but actually turned out quite enjoyable


This was a book club read and I thought it was going to be another YA book that turned me away from the genre (there have been a lot lately, I kinda need a break), but I ended up really enjoying it. I STILL haven't gotten to the other novels in this companion series, but I really want to continue this series.



Sugar

A sugary sweet book


100 percent Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler! Also the main character bakes a lot of cupcakes, so there's the pun.

Icing

A book that covered every single element that you enjoy about a book (funny moments, action moments, sad moments, etc.)


Verity had me laughing out loud, and almost in tears all while giving me action packed scenes surrounding World War II. 

Sprinkles

A book series that you can kind of turn back to for a little pick me up when you're feeling down


In the past I would have just said "Anything by Meg Cabot" or just The Princess Diaries, but I listened to the first four of these books on audio and realized that I effing love Suze Simon. 


Cherry on Top

Your favorite book this year so far


Not just the first book in this trilogy, but all three books. I don't think anything has topped it yet. I just loved this series so much!



I'm Tagging:
Bri & Angelina @ Otakutwins Reviews

I apologize in advance if you have already been tagged! I probably would have tagged Jess too if she hadn't tagged me first.


Happy Reads Everyone!