Monday, March 2, 2015

TBR Pile Challenge: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me Review



2015TBR

So I finally read another book to go towards my TBR Pile Challange! Only seven more to go to complete my goal of shedding ten books off my TBR list. For number three I decided to tackle Mindy Kaling's memoir Is Everyone Hanging out Without Me?


My Rating:
★★★★

I don't read a lot of non-fiction, but when I do I like to read celebrity memoirs or funny books because I find them really interesting. Sometimes non-fiction can be really boring but I did not find this problem while reading Kaling's book. Actually I found the opposite and that I was laughing...no cackling...at some of the lines in her book. I thought this book was so funny.


Kaling's book was written a little untraditionally. It was part anecdotes and part list making about things she liked or didn't like. I actually really enjoyed the way the book was written because it broke up the prose and made it more engaging for me. 

I think she lost me a little bit towards the end when she starts talking about her wishes for funeral. I just didn't think it was as funny as the rest of the book. Overall I really enjoyed this one. I think it was a quick and light read. I would highly recommend it.

Happy Reads Everyone!