Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Historical Fiction February: Agent Carter Review


The first season of Agent Carter wrapped up last night, and I will not be satisfied with only one season of this show!

I was on board with this show from the very first episode. Peggy Carter was exactly the type of hero we needed. Instead of being the damsel in distress, Peggy shoots her way out of bad situations and uses her femininity to get shit done. The hairstyles and costumes alone make the show amazing, but I think the premise at it's core is so awesome.

Marvel fans know Peggy as the love interest from the first Captain America movie, but in this 8-episode arc of her life after the war we learn so much more about her. Here is the love interest of a hero that has to go on after his "death" but in the end she becomes the hero. I think that is the theme that I loved about this show.

The finale had a Peggy and Dottie showdown with Dottie getting away, but Doctor Fenhoff does not get away so we do get a little justice in the end. The episode was really good, but I have to agree with other reviewers that it needed more Peggy and less Howard. I know that Howard's inventions and finding all of them was important, but Peggy has to spend the whole episode saving his dumb ass. 

I think the series is likely to have a second season, as there are still a lot of questions unanswered. Will they ever capture Dottie? Who was really behind the Black Widow program? There are a lot of things that the show could pull out in another season and I would really like to see where they would go with it. I really enjoyed this show, but I just want to see more!

What did you think of Agent Carter?


Happy Reads Everyone!