Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Authors I Always Go Back To


Top Ten Tuesday is an original meme hosted by the bloggers over at The Broke and The Bookish. This week's topic is...a freebie. FREEBIE?!? You guy's can't do that to me, I'm so indecisive!




At first I was going to do my top ten bookish pet peeves but then I only had like three and I sounded too whiny, so I decided to do my top authors that I always go back to. These are authors that I have read at least 60% of their novels. Wait...I suck at math. I don't really know the percentages but these authors are all ones that have meant a good deal to me, and whenever I hear they are releasing a new book I know I have to read it. I only ended up with eight this week, but close enough. 

Unlike most of my TTT lists, this one kind of is in the order of my favorites. My Big Three are on here so it shouldn't be a surprise.




Um...duh? This should not be a surprise to anyone that has visited my blog since I started it back in May. Meg is my ultimate favorite author. I love her so much. I have to admit that I haven't read all of her books, and I'm not too crazy about her earlier adult novels, but she was one of my first influences in the young adult genre. The Princess Diaries is also what inspired me to want to become a writer. 




I started reading Sarah Dessen in 9th grade and I have never looked back. A lot of people have criticized her for having a "formula" and I do agree that there are a lot of similar themes in her novels, but I always love them so much that I don't even care. I always try to get her next book whenever I can.



I've been reading Anderson forever, just like the previous two authors. I was first introduced to Speak in the 8th grade, and I continue to always go back to Anderson's work. Whenever she puts out a new book I am there. 



I'm going to a book signing for Holly Black today after work and I couldn't be more excited! AND it's at my local indie! I've been reading Holly Black probably as long as I've been reading the other three authors, and she's one of those writers that must have my soul in a jar on her desk, because I always read her books. I think she stole it after I read The White Cat. Seriously, GO READ IT NOW!!





I think I was in college when I first dived into Westerfeld's Uglies series. I hope that compared to all the dystopia books out in YA now that his novels haven't drowned, because they are great. Go read them. I've read a couple of his other books and I just think he does the female voice so well. He's just great.



I read Johnson's The Key to the Golden Firebird in middle school and kept on reading her books. Except I kind of forgot about the Shades of London series oops...Johnson's originally from the Philly area so I think that might have been one of the reasons why I latched onto her novels.



Sarah Ockler

I read Bittersweet because I know it had to do with hockey and I wanted some books that sounded liked what I was working on. I didn't anticipate that I would love her novels and start reading the rest of them. I think I'm still behind on her books but I'll get to them...eventually!



I read the first Percy Jackson series when I was in college and I fell in love with it. So much that I have read all of Riordan's mythology series. Since I love mythology I really latched onto his work and I will continue to read his books, even if I do feel too old to read his books!

Which authors are near and dear to your heart? What theme did you pick for TTT this week?

Happy Reads Everyone!