Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: books I'd love to read with my book club


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week's topic is the top ten books you want to read with your book club. Or if you don't have a book club what you would want to read if you had one.


I actually do have a book club! I go to the teen book club at my local bookstore and sometimes they make me feel old because some of them are 14 and I'm a decade older than them. I'm not even that old! I think I have suggested a few things to the group before but here is my ultimate list of the books I want to force them to read.


Jinx By Meg Cabot

I suggested this book before but everyone shot me down. This is a book about witches and trying to figure out who you are. We try not to read the start of series, so I suggested this one because I think it's a solid standalone book about magic in modern society.


Seraphina By Rachel Hartman

The girl who runs the club has been trying to get us to read a traditional fantasy book for awhile. That's why we read Snow Like Ashes for January. This one has been suggested before and since it's on my list I would totally want to read this one with the club.


Code Name Verity By Elizabeth Wein

We haven't read a good historical fiction novel in awhile, and I think this one would be a good pick. World War II stories are always popular and I've had this one on my list forever!


Cruel Beauty By Rosamund Hodge

I think this was an option that we talked about before but we ended up not reading it. I want to read it for one of my challenges, so maybe we will reconsider this one.


We Were Liars By E. Lockhart

I've heard some mixed reviews about this one, so I would like to hear what the other girls have to say about this contemporary novel.


The Duff By Kody Keplinger

This book seems like a nice break from the heavy books we've been reading. I know some of the girls like contemporary more than other genres so I think this would be a good pick.


M+O 4EVR By Tonya Cherie Hegamin

I think we need to read some more diverse books, and I think Hegamin's novel would be a good one to add. Hegamin did a guest lecture at my college so I've also been meaning to read her books for some time.


The Disenchantments By Nina LaCour

I've had this book on my list for a really long time, and I think it could be a nice "fluffy" read for the summer. 



Being Friends With Boys By Terra Elan McVoy

This is another contemporary novel that I think would be a good one for book club to read. Maybe I'm just being selfish because I just got it from the Book Outlet.


The Body Electric By Beth Revis

We haven't read too many sci-fi books in book club, so maybe this would be a good one for us to read. Although, it doesn't seem like the other members are not too keen on the genre. 

What books would you want your book club to read?


Happy Reads Everyone!