Friday, January 16, 2015

Holly Black To Visit Doylestown Bookshop

*Not my graphic, belongs to Doylestown Bookshop & its designer

I think I've written ad nauseam about how much I love my local indie bookstore. You all are probably sick of hearing about it, but listen up because they are having another exciting author event that I wanted to post about. Next Tuesday, 1/20 they are having Holly Black visit for a book signing to promote her newest book Darkest Part of The Forest. 



I LOVE me some Holly Black so I jumped on registering for the event as soon as I saw them promoting it. I even pre-ordered her new book and FINALLY got myself a copy of The White Cat (my favorite book by her) so I can get her to sign it for me. I'm so excited for this event!

Black is definitely in my Top 5 young adult authors list. I've been reading her for a very long time, so long that I can't actually remember when I first starting reading her books. I do remember being in middle school and seeing her first book Tithe at a book fair. I know that I later got it from the library, if my memory is correct and I did it that school year that means I have been reading her books for close to a decade. Although I didn't finish that series until I was in college. See! I've always been bad at keeping up with series!

I haven't really been keeping up with her latest stuff but I do have Coldest Girl in Cold Town sitting on my shelf. I'm trying to read it for one of my challenges this year. Since I loved The Curse Workers series so much, she has been one of those writers that I will always go back to. I don't think she's written about fairies in a while so this new novel kind of came out of nowhere. Based on the synopsis and this creepy trailer it seems really dark, and I really like that she is going back to her faerie roots.





I have no idea when I'll get to her new novel because um...my TBR list is forever and a day long. Unfortunately there's definitely no way I'm finishing it before Tuesday. I'm excited to read it...eventually!

If you are in the Doylestown area you should definitely check out this event. For more information about registration, etc make sure you visit the bookshop's website.

Happy Reads Everyone!