Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Finish That Series Challenge!

Guess whose doing another reading challenge in 2015?

ME! That's who.

I saw Angelina from the Otakutwins Reviews post about the finish that series challenge awhile ago and wanted to write a post about it...but then I forgot. Luckily I saved it on bloglovin! The challenge actually comes from Youtuber Bethjune327.


 As Beth outlined there are a few rules for this challenge:
1. You must have finished reading the series between January 1st and December 31st 2015 in order for them to count.
2. If the series isn’t complete yet, you must read up to the most recent book in said series.
3. Novellas (or extensions to the original series) are optional.
4. You do not have to start the series in 2015, just finish it.
5. The series has to have at least 2 books out prior to December of 2015.
The Badges: Bronze – 1 to 3 series; Silver – 4 to 6 series; Gold – 7 to 11 series; Platinum – 12+ series
I feel exactly the same way, but since I am doing so many challenges this year (including my goodreads challenge) I'm going to do the first tier in this challenge to read only 1-3 series. I think that is pretty doable and I can overlap in some places! It also won't make it too crazy for me, but will force me to finish a few series that I keep on putting off.


Leviathan Series-Behemoth & Goliath

My boyfriend gave me books two and three in Scott Westerfeld's steampunk series for Christmas but at the time I was arms deep in Outlander so I haven't read them yet. Then I dumbly went to the library and now I have to finish another book club read. So I've been waiting so long to finish this series. I was even contemplating rereading the first novel since I loved it so much, but maybe I will do that at a later date.



The Lunar Chronicles-Scarlet & Cress

I'm intending on finishing the Lunar Chronicles for the Fairytale Challenge I'm also doing in 2015. Since Winter won't be out until November (hopefully) I only have to read these two to complete the series as is. I loved the first book in this series and read it really quickly, so I'm hoping the next two experiences are similar. I have heard from some other bloggers that each one is better than the next. That's always a good thing to hear!




                                   




This series is why I'm only trying to read 1-3 series. Since I've only read the first book (if you like to read chronological like I do) in the series, I have my work cut out for me. I was planning on reading The Red Queen for the TBR Pile Challenge, so I might as well try to knock out the whole series. I'm not sure if Gregory is writing anymore to this series or not. It does really irk me that she doesn't write these in chronological order! 

Are you participating in this challenge too? What books are you planning on reading?

Happy Reads Everyone!