Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Books I Read in 2014


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week's topic is the top ten books that I have read in 2014. I thought this one was going to be a lot harder, but I ended up just going with my gut instincts. If you've been reading my blog since I started participating in TTT, these will probably not come as a surprise to you. As always, these are in no particular order.



Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld

OMG! I loved this book. This was my first foray into steampunk and I loved every minute of it. The boyfriend gave me the rest of the series for Christmas so I might just reread this one before I start Behemoth.



UnWind by Neal Shusterman

Yo, this is probably one of the most effed up books I have read, but it was so damn good. I highly recommend this whole series.


A Song of Ice and Fire By George R.R. Martin

Okay "technically" I started this series in 2013, but I love this series. A lot of people don't love all his wordy description but it's my favorite part. I also love that he writes woman not only as "strong" but as freaking people with vulnerabilities and different personalities. He knows how to write real women.




This one is a no brainer. Cabot is my favorite author so of course the ending of the Heather Wells mystery series is on my list. Also this one reminded me why I fell in love with the series in the first place. It's so funny!



Lola and the Boy Next Door By Stephanie Perkins

Out of Perkins' novels I don't think Lola is not as loved as Anna or Isla, but for me I connected the most with Lola. I wore weird shit to school, and was always that "weird girl". I mean at 24 I still feel like "that weird girl" only it's at work now, not school. When I found out Perkins struggled with this book it made me appreciate it even more.


Fangirl By Rainbow Rowell

If you like writing fan fiction, this book is for you. It's so just so sweet and cute and made me giddy. 


Tiger Lily By Jodi Lynn Anderson

I bought this book on a whim because it was in the clearance bin at my local bookstore, and I ended up loving it! It had such a dream-like feel to it.


Dreams of Gods & Monsters By Laini Taylor 

Just go read this book right now!! Go do it!


Panic By Lauren Oliver

I've talked about this book A LOT on this blog. I loved this book so much that I'm afraid to read Oliver's dystopia series and have her be ruined for me.


The 5th Wave By Rick Yancey

The 5th Wave is my most recent read and I can't believe it took me this long to finally get to it. I loved this one!

Which books on on your top ten list this week?