Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and is about sharing the books you have added to your shelves this week. These books can be either physical or virtual, books you've borrowed, bought, review copies, or even giveaways.
As you can see this is my very first time participating in stacking the shelves. I've seen a lot of bloggers in my feed doing this post, but every time I want to participate I haven't gotten any new books. This week is different, as I exchanged christmas gifts with my boyfriend already so I received some new books this week.
- Leviathan By Scott Westerfeld I've already read this book when I borrowed it from my library earlier this year but I loved it so much that I wanted to have a copy of it. I mentioned this to my boyfriend so I thought I was going to get for christmas but then I saw it at the Library Book Sale for a quarter and had to call him to make sure he didn't get it for me. Luckily he thought I already had it!
- Gone by Michael Grant I've had this on my list for some time but just never got around to it. I also saw it at the Library for a quarter and figured I better nab it right then and there.
- Prozac Nation by Elizabeth Wurtzel I saw the movie in college for a campus event for mental health awareness week, so I did want to go back to read this book. It's memoir so it's not really in my comfort zone but it's nice to branch off into different genres. This one I also got for 24 cents!!
- AUDIOBOOK: The Princess Diaries. I wanted to reread The Princess Diaries before Royal Wedding comes out but to reread ten books would have been too much for me to do right now. So I opted to listen to the audiobook while I'm in my car. Anne Hathaway narrators the first book and so far it is reminding me why I loved this series so much in the first place. Also, if you want to know what it was like to be a 14-year-old girl in the early 2000s, this book is it.
- Behemoth & Goliath (Leviathan Series) By Scott Westerfeld As I stated above the boyfriend thought that I already had Leviathan (because I already read it) and I did say maybe I would get the rest of the series for Christmas AND I DID. WOOHOO. I might even reread the first book in the series before I complete it. I love me some Scott Westerfeld.