Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Fairytale Retelling Challenge 2015

The Daily Prophecy

I recently discovered that Mel from The Daily Prophecy is hosting a fairytale retelling challenge for all of next year. I've been looking for something to motivate me to finally read the Lunar Chronicles, so maybe this will get my butt in gear.

The challenge won't start until the first of the year and rereads count, so it's another reason that I am intrigued by this challenge. I also like that there are levels you can aim for depending on how many books you end up reading.  I'm aiming for Magic Mirror, maybe I will get to Big Bad Wolf. The 6 different levels are as follows:
  • Prince Charming: 1 – 4 books.
  • Magic mirror: 5 - 9 books.
  • Big bad wolf: 10 – 15 books.
  • The wise princess: 16 – 20 books.
  • Wicked fairy Godmother: 21 – 25 books.
  • Bluebeard: you are killing it! 26+ books.

I like to plan out my challenges, even if I don't follow through with them. I'm planning on trying to read the following in 2015:
Are you joining the challenge? Which fairytale retelling will you read in 2015?