Monday, November 3, 2014

Sci-Fi November Has Begun!


Hosted by Rinn Reads and Oh! The Books. Sign up or learn more about the event here!

So I'm still pretty new to the whole book blogging community, so last year I did not participate in Sci-Fi November, but this year I am going to try to participate in this event as much as possible. Although I'm new to the event, I am definitely not new to the sci-fi genre at all. I mean depending on whom you ask I was named after a Star Trek: The Next Generation character, so I never really had a choice to not be a sci-fi geek. I was born to be one.

So first off what is Sci-Fi November? Pretty self explanatory, basically it's a month long event that celebrates everything sci-fi. Whether that be books, comics, TV, videogames, etc. I don't really have a full on plan about what I'm going to do for this event, but I definitely know that I am going to be doing a few book reviews/recommendations, maybe even do a few lists of Top Ten sci-fi books to read. Or maybe a list about all the classic sci-fi books that are STILL on my TBR list. I haven't worked it all out yet. Some blogs will be doing giveaways and will even have some author interviews, so it should be quite a interesting month. You can also follow along with the event by using the hashtag #RRSciFiMonth.

This event is coming at a perfect time for me, because I have had Ender's Game sitting on my shelf since January. So it gives me the extra push to finally read it. It's been a really long time, and I need to read that book. I also just bought Dune, which I don't think I'll finish in November, but I hope to at least start it this month. 

Is anyone else participating in Sci-Fi November? What are your plans for this event?

Happy Reads Everyone!