Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Book Review: The Bride Wore Size 12


Full disclosure on this review, it's going to be really biased because Meg Cabot is my favorite author and she continues to write books that I love. While I was reading UnDivided I had to read this book in-between because it's a lighter humorous book about solving murders. Okay maybe not quite "lighter" but the Heather Wells Series is probably one my favorite series. 

The Bride Wore Size 12 in the final installment of Cabot's Heather Wells mystery series. In this book Heather is stressed about work and trying to plan her wedding to Cooper Cartwright. So of course you know another college kid has to die in her building and Heather has to get in the middle of it to figure who who did it and how to stop them. 

Like the other four books in this series, I did not see the ending coming. What I love about the series is that Cabot keeps you guessing. If you think you know who did it, you are probably wrong. I definitely did not guess who the killer was in this book, and that's what I loved about this series as a whole.

I don't want to believe that this series is actually over because I loved reading this quirky mystery series. It's been a while since I've read the fourth book, but while I was reading this one I was constantly reminded why I fell in love with this series in the first place. Frankly this series is just so funny. I also loved that this book series had a body positive theme but it wasn't the major plot point. It was apart of Heather's character, but this series was really about a normal girl just trying to get her degree while solving murders on the side.

Overall, I really adored this novel and it reminded why I loved the four books that came before it. I'm giving this one a 9 out of 10. 

What are your thoughts on the Heather Wells series? 

Happy Reads Everyone!